Friday, November 27, 2015

How to Make a Pine Cone Wreath | DIY

_________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________




Supplies:

Circular wire wreath frame 12”
Floral wire, Paddle Wire 22 Gauge 110 Feet-Green
Wire cutters
Gloves
Elongated Pine/Spruce Cones (30) to frame the wreath.
Rounded and pyramidal shaped cones,
(you will be creating clusters of 3 to 5 cones before attaching the cluster to the frame)
Use elongated cones such as from Norway Spruce to form the frame of the wreath.
Cut 10” – 12” (30) wires for the elongated cones.
Bend one wire in half and attach it to a single elongate cone at the top.
Wire all 30 in this same manner.
Attach these to the outer frame.
Cut wire for clusters and form groups (3-5 cones) with rounded cones. After I have several clusters created, I start to attach the clusters. Fill with clusters.
You can accessorize with a bow.



Link to Cones from Evergreen Trees on Pinterest



All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar. --Helen Hayes




©  Grassroots Horticulture
2000-2015


________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________