These are wildflowers planted around the Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) in Fort Worth.
Winecup, also known as poppy mallow (Callirhoe), is a beautiful silky wildflower
blooming during the middle of the spring season in our 7b hardiness zone.
The sun was very bright when I took these photographs.
blooming during the middle of the spring season in our 7b hardiness zone.
The sun was very bright when I took these photographs.
While many of the wildflowers grow en masse, here is what I believe to be a single Tradescantia virginiana.
Spiderwort Tradescantia
Spiderwort Tradescantia
Bluebonnets and evening primrose
The sun has washed out the vibrant colors visible in the
bluebonnets and evening primrose in my photo.
The sun has washed out the vibrant colors visible in the
bluebonnets and evening primrose in my photo.
Milkweed
I plant my milkweed specifically for the Monarch butterfly
making sure to use no pesticides.
I plant my milkweed specifically for the Monarch butterfly
making sure to use no pesticides.
Join Gail at Clay and Limestone for Wildflower Wednesday.
˂˂ ˃˃
Grassroots Horticulture
2006-2017
__________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________



No comments:
Post a Comment